- ABOUT US
- POPULAR COURSES
- STUDENT SERVICES
- STUDY ABROAD
- CONTACT US
Why Is Public Health an Ideal Career Choice for International Students in Australia?
Making the world a healthier place is one of the core values that unites public health professionals. If you're a person dedicated to helping people who
need help, but aren't yet a doctor, pursuing a career in public health might be your calling. You can consider a bachelor's or master's degree in public
health in Australia.
Public health incorporates the characteristics of science and art, as it helps prevent harm through collective action, information resources and
educational efforts. It also discusses physical and mental health, food security, social well-being and water pollution.
Public health has a long history of implementing policies that have ultimately resulted in substantial improvement in the health of people around the
world. Family planning, preventive medicine and immunization programs are just a few examples of how public health has had a global impact. And
you can be part of it too!
Some of the more common careers that you can pursue after graduating with a public health degree are: health informatics specialist, epidemiologist,
health administrator, public health project manager, and health and safety engineer.
When it comes to choosing a particular country for a public health degree, we can't find a better place than Australia. Obtaining a degree in public
health from an Australian university can go a long way in securing a well-paying job in the field.
Here are some of the reasons why you should study public health in Australia:
The country faces many interesting and challenging health and environmental issues (Australians suffer from some of the highest rates of
mesothelioma); If you continue your education in public health in the country, you will have a great opportunity to see these issues up close and how
they are being treated.
• Australia has some of the best universities in the world offering different public health courses. Universities give students a much broader
perspective, and that's something employers appreciate.
• There are over 35,000 healthcare jobs in Australia and the average annual salary for a healthcare job is around $ 52,318. The Australian
government has planned 229,400 jobs for 2018 in the healthcare sector. Thus, after obtaining a health degree, you will increase your career
prospects for health care jobs.
• The Australian government offers various scholarships and scholarships for international students who wish to study in Australia. These
scholarships sometimes include tuition, living expenses, airline tickets, etc.
• Australia is also an excellent study destination for international students. In fact, it is the third most popular educational destination for
international students. Hospitable natives, a peaceful environment, cultural diversity and a high quality education are some of the main
attractions that attract international students.
• Through your work as a public health professional, you can make a big difference and contribute significantly to the essential missions of the
Australian government, such as reducing child mortality and increasing life expectancy. So what are you waiting for? Join the league of
public health experts and get started with a public health degree.
For more information on the course, universities, accommodation, etc., you can meet experienced NEXSUS education consultants.